Please do not copy any photos without permission( click on photos to enlarge)

Saturday 22 October 2011

Tuesday October 18th

I visited Parliament at dawn on Tuesday, I have been very lucky of late with bright sunny mornings. With the later mornings the Park next door opened its gates just before dawn (7.00am) and I was able to watch from the grass area. I was hoping for some nest box activity but none materialised, it is early days yet, I am hoping, if it was an adult that entered it, for some prey stashing inside.




Nestbox on East wing (click on photos to enlarge)

With a strong westerly wind I located both adults at 7.00am roosting on the eastern face of Victoria Tower, both simultaneously leaving at 7.20 and heading up river. Within 5 minutes they returned and with them was a male juvenile, he is not being fed but like some juveniles he does not feel confident enough to make the transission and leave as yet, he seems to come and go.




Juv and adult male having a spat.

Middle Tower

Juvenile on top of Big Ben

Neither adult showed any inclination to hunt, again possibly due to the presence of the juvenile, occasionally one of the adults would fly over to the Abbey but little else occurred, the Juvenile had a bit of spat with the adult Tiercel but other than this little activity.




Falcon on Victoria Palace

Adult Tiercel

Tiercel resting up

Tiercel on Westminster Abbey

This coming winter I am going to do some afternoon visits, they are very likely hunting in the afternoon so hopefully I can get some footage.
I intend to visit on Sunday, as soon as the last juvenile has gone it is likely they will return to normal hunting behaviour at dawn, also now that I can get in the park I should hopefully get some better photos with the sun behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment