Please do not copy any photos without permission( click on photos to enlarge)

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Parliament Pair




December 19th



Last week I was in London for a meeting mid morning and had the chance to visit Parliament beforehand, my visits of late with them have been a bit hit and miss.
With sunshine forecast for the morning I was hopeful of seeing them and so it proved, at 7.50am both came into view, the Falcon with prey and the Tiercel calling for all he was worth.

There landing position was noted and I positioned myself in Victoria Gardens Park to watch them.



Falcon on prey with a patient Tiercel looking on


Getting ready to lay up - Tiercel  departed

If you recall in the summer they failed, they used the usual building but for some inexplicable reason they changed position, at the time I thought we had a change of Falcon but it seems not, she was and still is the same bird it seems.
From earlier posts connected to the Parliament birds, you will also know that their nest site is going to fall under the demolition hammer in 2014/15, although mitigation will be put in place, it will take time, possibly 5 or more years as the whole area is being redeveloped.

In the meantime I am trying to find them another nest site to hopefully continue breeding, I will know more in January so fingers crossed.

I would also like to wish all readers of the blog a very Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year, hopefully another good one for London's Peregrines.

No comments:

Post a Comment